- Status: Now Hiring
- Location: Wichita, Kansas
About the Position
Metal Arts LLC is seeking a Driver for the Structural Steel industry to join our Shipping team. Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business. Metal Arts is a technology focused company always seeking to provide the latest tools and resources for our team.
As a Driver at Metal Arts, you will be required to possess and maintain a valid CDL, as well as maintain a thorough knowledge of DOT regulations. Drivers at Metal Arts are also required to clean and maintain company vehicles thoroughly. Metal Arts takes pride in having clean and high functioning equipment.
Deliveries for Metal Arts are regional, and deliveries requiring overnight stays are very rare. Early morning deliveries are typical in our industry, and it is not uncommon to start the workday very early in the day.
Metal Arts maintains the highest standards of quality in everything we do, and we expect our Shipping Team to uphold those values at all times. Metal Arts Shipping team is expected to own their processes, and actively work to improve our processes and policies.
- Spend 7 to 8 hours daily on the road
- A typical day may include a several hour trip to one destination in the morning followed by a series of shorter trips, or a second multi-hour trip in the afternoon
- Maintain a customer focused attitude on all deliveries
- It is not uncommon for our driver to be the primary face our customers recognize
- Drivers must be courteous with customers and reinforce our customer focused approach as a company
- Drivers must be skilled and knowledgeable in their field to demonstrate to our customers that everyone at Metal Arts is highly capable
- Frequently interact and check in with the shipping manager
- Deliveries are constant and communication is critical
- Loads and delivery times frequently change, requiring flexibility from the entire Shipping Team
- Build and/or Maintain a basic knowledge of structural steel and construction
- Not only do we love Steel, we believe the more you learn about it, the more you will as well
- Having a thorough knowledge of Steel and Construction Practices will allow you to better understand the needs of our customers, and navigate difficult job sites
- Maintain clean and mechanically sound vehicles at all times
- Clean up trucks daily
- Note any issues, large or small, with vehicles so that they can be repaired as quickly as possible
- Support the Shipping team when deliveries are slow
- There will always be slow delivery days, and on those days the shipping manager will assign drivers tasks to complete
- Metal Arts believes everyone, from top to bottom, should be prepared to help out wherever they can when the opportunity arises
- Tasks may include helping load trailers, cleaning trucks, cleaning the shipping yard, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
- Deliveries are very difficult to move at the last minute
- Our customers rely on us to deliver when we say we’ll be there
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues
- Everyone has rough days; however, at Metal Arts we believe that the strength of our team makes all the difference
- Support your teammates
- 2 or more years of experience driving a Semi or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience towing flatbed trailers
- Active CDL
- Be able to pass a background check for deliveries to local aviation customers and armed forces customers
$19/hr to $23/hr, dependent upon experience
Employees enjoy a benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a Simple IRA plan with retirement matching. We are passionate about retaining our top talent, so when possible, we promote internally.
About Metal Arts
Founded in 1971 in Wichita and purchased in the early 2000s by the Gray family, Metal Arts is one of the region’s choice steel fabrication companies, specializing in steel products and structural steel. Our facility includes 22,500 square feet of production space, allowing us to handle structural steel projects from less than a single ton to hundreds of tons. We serve hundreds of customers in multiple states!Apply Now