Manager – Structural Steel Detailing
- Location: Wichita, Kansas
About the Position
Metal Arts, LLC in Wichita, Kansas, is always seeking experienced detailers! Our detailers maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy to ensure our end-product is of the highest quality. We utilize Tekla Structures by Trimble for our detailing software. If you have experience as a structural steel detailer and are interested in an opportunity with Metal Arts, please submit an application using our form. We want to talk to you!
The ideal Steel Detailing Manager will be someone with at least five years of experience in this field, and preferably seven plus. We are looking for a candidate who can begin managing, and detailing immediately. Experience with 3D steel detailing programs is required, and specifically experience with one of the primary programs is required (SDS/2, Tekla). Experience with Tekla is strongly preferred as that is Metal Arts Detailing Software.
For this position, Metal Arts is hiring for in-person only, as it is a managerial position. This position will be on-site at our Wichita, Kansas facility only.
Metal Arts Detailing Manager will perform both managerial tasks, and detailing tasks.
- Spend approximately 75% of your day detailing per the Detailer Requirements
- Delegate detailing projects to the detailing team and outside vendors
- Manage the checking of projects via delegation to the detailing team, as well as checking projects yourself
- Interact with the management team to grow and develop the detailing division
- Assist in the staffing of the detailing team through interviews and performance reviews
- Develop and manage relationships with outside detailers for overflow work (Metal Arts strongly prefers to work with detailers working in the united states)
- Detail multiple projects at a time, ranging from several hundred tons, to quick turn projects with only a few items
- Create 3D models of structural steel from architectural and structural drawings supplied by the customer/contractor
- Create shop and erection drawings from 3D models and/or architectural and structural drawings supplied by the customer/contractor
- Create RFI’s for any missing or conflicting information and submit to the general contractor
- Interact with Joist and Decking suppliers to ensure structural integrity and accuracy
- Work with internal QC to answer any questions or update drawings
- Submit drawings to the customer/contractor for approval
- Update drawings based on internal and customer/contractor drawing approvals
- Interact with structural engineers as necessary to design connections and/or size structural members
- Meet specific deadlines for released shop drawings to ensure steel is fabricated on time
$70,000 to $85,000
Employees enjoy a benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a Simple IRA plan with retirement matching. We are passionate about retaining our top talent, so when possible, we promote internally.
About Metal Arts
Founded in 1971 in Wichita and purchased in the early 2000s by the Gray family, Metal Arts is one of the region’s choice steel fabrication companies, specializing in steel products and structural steel. Our facility includes 22,500 square feet of production space, allowing us to handle structural steel projects from less than a single ton to hundreds of tons. We serve hundreds of customers in multiple states!Apply Now