Hiring in the FutureProject Manager
- Status: Hiring in the Future
- Location: Wichita, Kansas
About the Position
Metal Arts, LLC is seeking a Project Manager for the Structural Steel industry. Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
Project managers at Metal Arts, LLC in Wichita, Kansas, are the heart of the company. Our project managers own each project from the award of the project to the final billing. Owning nearly the entire project lifecycle requires an extensive range of skills and experience in structural and miscellaneous steel, making project managers the Swiss army knife of our team. Typically, new project managers will possess the basic skills to get started, and Metal Arts will provide training and tools to become a well-rounded project manager.
Project Managers must have experience managing structural projects or commercial construction projects to be hired as a Project Manager.
Project Managers will be provided a short training period before managing projects of their own. Many of these duties will be learned through on the job training. Metal Arts does not expect candidates to possess all of these skills prior to starting their position.
This is an in-person position only, located at our Wichita, Kansas facility.
- Manage Structural and Miscellaneous Steel projects of all sizes from beginning to end, including all aspects of the job
- Manage several projects at a time, ranging from large projects to one-day turn-around projects
- Setup of the Projects including entering it into our system and ALL paperwork
- Identify a Detailer for the project, internal or external
- Submit projects for engineering where required
- Purchasing of all Steel and Buy-Out items, including Hardware, Specialty Items, and Joists and Decking
- Meetings with internal QC (and engineering where required) to ensure the quality of the project
- Meetings with the customer where required
- Create RFI’s for any missing or conflicting information and submit to the general contractor
- Submit drawings to the customer/contractor for approval
- Constant communication with the customer, vendors, and the detailer to ensure schedule is met or surpassed
- Release of all Drawings and Required materials to the Shop for Production
- Work with internal team to schedule all shipments for the project
- Preparation of all materials for shipping of the project to the Customer
- Work with customers on a frequent basis to ensure:
- Project Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Delivery Times
- Accurate Billing
- Accurate and Timely Change Orders
- Learn and become a skilled user of our Steel Fabrication Software: Strumis
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Metal Arts Capabilities regarding manufacturing and lead times
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Structural Steel Shop and Erection Drawings
- Maintain a thorough understanding of AISC requirements
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of unplanned absences and tardiness
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that Metal Arts is a positive environment to work in, free of unnecessary conflicts and issues
$60,000 to $80,000
Employees enjoy a benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a Simple IRA plan with retirement matching. We are passionate about retaining our top talent, so when possible, we promote internally.
About Metal Arts
Founded in 1971 in Wichita and purchased in the early 2000s by the Gray family, Metal Arts is one of the region’s choice steel fabrication companies, specializing in steel products and structural steel. Our facility includes 22,500 square feet of production space, allowing us to handle structural steel projects from less than a single ton to one thousand tons. We serve hundreds of customers in multiple states!Apply Now