Now HiringQuality Control Technician
- Status: Now Hiring
- Location: Wichita, Kansas
About the Position
Metal Arts, LLC is seeking a Quality Control Technician for the Structural Steel industry to join our Quality team. Metal Arts is looking for leaders in our industry, who want to make an impact on a growing small business.
QC Technicians at Metal Arts operate within the fabrication shop and ensure all Metal Arts products are of the highest quality. Our QC Technicians are required to inspect fabrications for both dimensional accuracy (fit), and weld accuracy. Quality team members at Metal Arts utilize tablets to record passing and failing fabrications. Metal Arts is a technology focused company always seeking to provide the latest tools and resources for our team.
Typically, new QC Technicians will possess basic welding and fabrication skills, and Metal Arts will provide training and tools to become a well-rounded QC Team Member. QC Technicians will shadow and work with Metal Arts QC staff, and undergo on the job training before checking items independently. Metal Arts does not expect candidates to possess all required QC skills prior to starting their position.
Metal Arts maintains the highest standards of quality in our production process, and we expect our Quality team to uphold those values at all times. Metal Arts Quality team is expected to own their process, and actively work to improve our processes and policies.
This is an in-person position only, located at our Wichita, Kansas facility.
- Spend 6 to 7 hours daily walking the shop and performing inspections
- Inspecting Fabrications for Fit
- Inspecting Fabrications for Weld
- Input information into the MRP system via tablet while performing inspections
- Actively engage fabricators when inspections are failed or nominally passed
- Discuss with the fabricator exactly what was failed and why
- Describe to the fabricator what is required to pass
- Where appropriate, provide input on repairs necessary to pass inspection
- Maintain a working knowledge of AWS, AISC and RCSC requirements for Structural Steel
- Maintain an exceptional understanding of how to interpret fabrication drawings and documents
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all weld symbols and visual acceptance requirements for welds
- Maintain a thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and how they affect quality
- Work closely with all Quality team members in order to create a more effective team and utilize shared knowledge to provide the highest level of quality to our customers
- Work closely with Project Managers, Shop Managers, and Detailers on awarded jobs to ensure quality of our steel products
- Adhere to all company policies and maintain a minimum of absences and tardiness
$14/hr to $20/hr
Employees enjoy a benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a Simple IRA plan with retirement matching. We are passionate about retaining our top talent, so when possible, we promote internally.
About Metal Arts
Founded in 1971 in Wichita and purchased in the early 2000s by the Gray family, Metal Arts is one of the region’s choice steel fabrication companies, specializing in steel products and structural steel. Our facility includes 22,500 square feet of production space, allowing us to handle structural steel projects from less than a single ton to hundreds of tons. We serve hundreds of customers in multiple states!Apply Now